To speed up your windows XP/7/8/8.1/8.2 PC, Just follow the below steps to make your PC running faster and reliable.
1. Defragment your hard drive: After accessing and storing lots of files on your computer hard drive it is common that files or folders get scattered in memory.
Click->Start->Accessories->System tools->Disk Defragmenter [follow below image]
2. Uninstall unused program: It is better to uninstall unused applications or programs.[follow below steps with image]
Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs->Select any application that you want to uninstall and click on “Remove” button.
3. Cleanup you disk: This enables us to clean hard drive and allows it to run faster.
Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Cleanup
4. Delete unused files: Delete unwanted files.
6. Scan with Genuine Anti virus: It is better to scan your PC with genuine anti-virus to clean all viruses to make PC faster.
Start->Select your Anti-virus and run Complete scan
7. Disable indexing: It is better to disable indexing on selected drive to make system faster. Here are the steps.
Double click on “Computer” icon ->Select any drive ->Right Click -> Properties-> uncheck “Allow indexing service….”